For a healthier alternative to baked potato, I opted for sweet potatoes for dinner this evening.
I thought about literally just swapping it for a baked, sweet potato, but decided to experiment with sweet potato fries.
So glad I did!
I looked up a few recipes (some of which ended in disaster, soggy fry stories), but decided to give it a shot and just wing it.
2 large sweet potatoes
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Slice sweet potatoes into thin slices/strips.
If you’re looking for an arm workout…here it is. You’re welcome.
3. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, and spread sweet potato slices evenly along sheet.
4. Drizzle olive oil on top of slices and stir potatoes around to be sure that each slice is lightly coated in oil.
5. Lightly sprinkle salt, pepper & rosemary on top (you can always add more later).
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping fries every 10 minutes to be sure to bake evenly.
For crunchier fries, bake a few extra minutes, but watch closely!
You’d never guess that these were supposed to be a “healthy” alternative to potatoes or french fries! They are delicious!
I will definitely be making them again soon.